Wondering what to eat on a Whole30, or how Whole30 works? This is my experience where I share my Whole30 daily meals, exercise, symptoms, and tips.
Whole30 Week 3 down and 1 more week to go! Well, maybe…. but probably more. I'm finding this Whole30 experience to be super interesting that I'm not feeling better yet. I mean, I feel better than I did before I started for sure, but I'm not FANTASTIC yet. I'm super duper picky this time!
Just goes to show that a year plus of relaxed eating can put you in a bit of a hole, and what you come to accept as your new normal can really skew how you're feeling.
But I'm not at all discouraged. 30 days (and I'm only 2/3 of the way through that) is really not that long in the scheme of things. I knew before I started that I might need more time, and it's looking like that will be the case.
After all, I'm doing Whole30 to calm inflammation and to stop my Hashimoto's autoimmune disease from being active, not just to lose weight or get off sugar (though those two are nice side effects of doing this).
- How I'm Using Diet for my Hashimoto's Flare
- Whole30 Prep – How I'm Meal Planning and Getting Ready
- My Whole30 Experience Week 1
- What I Eat in A Day on Whole30 Week 2
- Vacation on Whole30 – My Whole30 Experience Week 4
- Whole30 Results – Recap
How 3 Weeks of Whole30 Have Helped
Main wins for this past week:
- I haven't had nearly as much spotting between my period this month
- my acne is almost nonexistent. I had one zit vs a whole bottom side of my face the last few months
- No blood sugar highs or lows (no hypoglycemic episodes or bonking)
- My chronic sore throat (probably swollen thyroid) hasn't shown up at all for the last 7 days
- my skin is not at all dry
- heartburn has completely gone away
- feeling much more energetic and stable in my workouts and walks
- my favorite jeans fit a lot better and my yoga pants aren't cutting off my belly as much 🙂
Things I'm still working on:
- some heart palpitations
- a little brain fog at times
- not completely sleeping through the night EVERY night. Only some nights (this also could be due to the fact that I'm taking less magnesium since my typical evening magnesium powder contains stevia, so it's out for the month)
- wanting to jump out of bed in the morning. I do feel my cortisol kicking in and waking me up though, so it's getting close.
- seasonal allergies
- gas and bloating
Whole30 Daily Meals During Week 3
The following are the vlogs (videos) that show each day – what I eat in a day, how I feel, exercise I did, and anything else I feel important to share (like some tips).
Whole30 Days 15 and 16
(Watch Whole30 Days 15 & 16 on YouTube)
In this vlog I explain why this Whole30 seems harder to me in some ways than the other ones I have done. Mainly – the expectation to feel FANTASTIC is there and it's not coming as fast as I'd like.
I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
The Whole30 recipes I made:
Whole30 Days 17, 18, and 19
(Watch Whole30 Days 17, 18, and 19 on YouTube)
I explain in this video how I deal with going to a social event like a party while on Whole30. I went to a neighbor's St. Patty's Day party so I share exactly what I did to prepare and make it through successfully.
The recipes I made:
Breakfast – Tiny piece of 40 Aprons Whole30 Hashbrown casserole
Garrett Valley sugar-free bacon
Dinner: Corned Beef from US Wellness Meats (affiliate link)
Cabbage and Carrots from some recipe (my husband made it, so not sure)
Breakfast– A sweet potato and US Wellness Pork Breakfast Sausage Hash (US Wellness sugar-free pork sausage – aff link)
Lunch: Tuna salad with Primal Kitchen Foods Mayo and Bubbie's Fermented Dill Pickles
Green Granny Smith Apple
leftover plantain chips
Snack: Golden Root Sugar-free Turmeric Latte with coconut milk
Breakfast – Whole30 Mexican Breakfast Casserole by The Whole Cook and black coffee
Lunch: Baby spinach, leftover broccoli (drizzled with sesame oil and sesame seeds), leftover pork carnitas, leftover breakfast hash, and 2 eggs fried in ghee
After lunch snack – Golden Root Sugar-free Turmeric Latte with coconut milk
Whole30 Days 20 and 21
(Watch Whole30 Days 20 and 21 on YouTube)
I've just been humming along on this 30-day reset, not really having many issues. On day 20 the CRAVINGS hit me like a truck though! Not sure why, and they went away as quickly as they came. I have a hunch it's a mixture of having to look at cakes for a video I have to do, having done a hard workout, and some form of PMS. Yay PMS.
It's also day 21 and I still haven't gotten the infamous Tiger Blood, but I'm not concerned. These things take time!
The recipes I made:
Breakfast – Whole30 Mexican Breakfast Casserole and black coffee
AM After-Barre Snack – Banana and a Justin's Classic Almond Butter packet
Lunch– Arugula and leftover Yucatan Green Chili Saute by Mel Joulwan
Breakfast –Whole30 Mexican Breakfast Casserole and black coffee
Lunch – Parsley Almond Pesto Cod by Thriving On Paleo
leftover Everything Carrots from Dinner Day 20
Baked Avocado with tomatoes, sesame oil, and sesame seeds (recipe loosely based off of Deliciously Ella's from her book Natural Feasts)
Dinner: Rogan Josh by Mel Joulwan (I just put it in the slow cooker for 6 hours instead of on the stove as indicated in the recipe)
Other Posts in this Series: