Look forward to your meal with this nutrient-dense, filling, and delicious steak bowl recipe. Easy to make and tons of flavor! Great for lunch or dinner and can be made ahead of time.
I'm such a fan of bowls! They're highly customizable and I dunno, just so much fun to eat!
This steak bowl is healthy, nutrient-dense, and really filling.
It can be made ahead of time, and even though I don't include a sauce with the recipe, you can add one to really change it up if you want to eat it multiple times in a week.
Table of contents
Diets this bowl is suitable for:
- AIP (Autoimmune Paleo)
- and can be made Vegetarian or Vegan by omitting the steak
Ingredients in this steak bowl:
Sirloin Steak (but feel free to change it out with any protein you'd like!)
Why no sauce?
I didn't include a sauce on this one because I feel when you mix it all together there is a lot of flavor in the avocado, cauliflower rice, and steak that it doesn't need one.
However, if you feel you need a sauce (I understand, it does seem weird not to have one on a bowl sometimes), feel free to add one.
Some sauce ideas could be as simple as a drizzle of olive oil and then can be things like a pre-made salad dressing. I just wouldn't go too strong on flavor as it'll compete with the elements in this dish.
Other bowls you'll also love:
More Helpful AIP Resources in the Freebie Library
If you find this recipe helpful, you may really enjoy the resources in my Paleo & AIP Freebie Library! There's a “dump” freezer meal plan, a list of AIP-compliant breakfast toppings, and so much more. Plus, you'll get even more ideas sent to your inbox! Get the password here.
Steak Bowl Recipe
If you make this bowl I'd love to hear how it turned out! Either comment below or share a pic on Instagram and tag me @thrivingonpaleo!
Steak Bowl (Paleo, Whole30, AIP)
- 1 tbsp Avocado Oil divided
- 1 small Sweet Potato peeled and diced or sliced into “fries”
- 1 small Beef Sirloin Steak approx 3-4 oz
- 3/4 tsp Sea Salt divided
- Optional: Herbs like Rosemary, Oregano, Thyme
- 1 cup Cauliflower Rice
- 1/2 Avocado
- 1 Radish sliced
- 1/4 Cucumber sliced
- 1 cup Olives
- 1 handful Baby Spinach or other leafy green
- 1 tsp Lime Juice
- Additional Sea Salt for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 425 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Toss the sweet potatoes with 1/4 tsp sea salt and 1 tsp avocado oil. Place in the oven and roast until tender, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tsp of the oil in a pan on the stove over medium heat. Rub the remaining teaspoon of avocado oil over the steak, sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 sea salt, and if desired, sprinkle some herbs like rosemary, oregano, and/or thyme over each side as well.
- Once the oil in the pan is hot, place the steak into the pan and leave for 5 minutes without disturbing, then flip and cook for another 5 minutes. This is a great time to slice the other veggies if you haven't done so yet! Check the temperature with an instant-read thermometer and remove it from the pan when done. (130 F for rare, 135 for medium-rare, 145 for medium and 155 for well done). Cover with some aluminum foil or a kitchen towel and let rest while you go onto the next step.
- Put the cauliflower rice directly into the pan where the steak was and stir occasionally, scraping up the brown bits from the bottom of the pan, until done, about 5 minutes. The rice will turn brown and get a delicious nutty flavor.
- Assemble the bowl. Sprinkle the lime juice and extra sea salt over the avocado. Enjoy!