Not your boring old salt roasted pumpkin seeds. These are a super flavorful snack and have many health-boosting properties from the turmeric in the curry powder! Paleo, gluten-free, and Whole30
You just finished carving your pumpkin and despite your best efforts it has turned into some slightly less than amazing creation (why the heck does it not look like that one you found on Pinterest??). Now you have a ton of pumpkin seeds and guts covering your table.
You could just roast the seeds in salt, but you are kind of bored of that. How about branching out to these curry pumpkin seeds? They require just a few more ingredients and steps than the salt roasted seeds, but offer so much flavor (and contain the super health-boosting properties of tumeric powder)!
The ingredients in this version are quite healthy and avoid using any rancidity-prone vegetable oils or sugar.
My kids even love them so they appear to be somewhat kid-friendly. I guess it depends more on how adventurous your kids are, but I have to stop mine from eating the entire batch in one sitting.Print
Not your boring old salt roasted pumpkin seeds. These are super flavorful and have many health-boosting properties from the turmeric in the curry powder! Paleo, gluten-free, and Whole30.
- 1 cup Fresh Pumpkin Seeds (seeds from a small-medium pumpkin)
- 1 Egg White
- 1 tbs Lime Juice
- 1 tsp Coconut Oil, melted
- 2 tsp Curry Powder
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- Soak the pumpkin seeds in water to help remove the pumpkin goop and then strain through a colander.
- Rinse and dry the seeds as best you can (I typically like to let them sit on a a baking sheet for 15 min or so to air dry).
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl until the seeds are thoroughly coated.
- Pour the mixture onto a baking sheet covered in parchment paper and spread evenly.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes, stirring occasionally. Watch at the very end to make sure the seeds don't get burnt.
Get MORE inspo!
Sign up for my newsletter to get blog updates AND access to my Paleo & AIP Freebie Library! (Info on using diet and lifestyle for autoimmune disease relief, recipes, inspiration, tips and so much more!)