Make these Paleo and Whole30 egg muffins ahead of time for a super quick breakfast option
This week I come to you with a quick post as I decided to take a little time to myself for a few days and relax after working so hard on my new 4-Week Paleo Meal Plan. I realized I had kind of neglected my romance novel-loving, crafting, sewing self for too long and I need a bit of soul nourishing. I mean, I sit here preaching that you guys should do this all the time and look at me, not doing that. Sheesh, what kind of health coach/blogger am I? Do as I say people, not as I do – at least if you want to feel better. So instead of working on this blog for a day, I instead made myself this leather bag. So fun!
Anyway – this week I bring you a springtime recipe for these Paleo, gluten-free, and dairy-free Asparagus and Pancetta Egg muffins. They are PERFECT for a grab-and-go breakfast. You can either heat them up or eat them cold. Either way is still delish and because they keep well for a few days they are great to make during a batch cooking session on the weekend. Alleviate some of the stress of mornings by having some of these ready and spend the rest of your time looking for your son's missing shoe.
Make these super quick Paleo and Whole30 egg muffins ahead of time and have an easy breakfast option.
- 1 tbs Cooking Oil (Avocado, Coconut, Olive, etc)
- 1 lb Asparagus, trimmed and cut into small pieces
- 3 oz Pancetta, diced (use sugar-free for Whole30 – can substitute with bacon too)
- 10 Eggs
- 1/4 cup Coconut Milk (or other non-dairy milk)
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/8 tsp Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 F. If using a standard muffin tin, line the tin with paper liners. I find it best to use a silicone muffin tray, like this one, because it makes cleanup SOOO much easier than using a metal or stoneware one.
- In a large pan, heat the cooking oil and then add the asparagus and pancetta and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 7 minutes, or until the asparagus is tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, coconut milk, salt, and pepper.
- Once the asparagus mixture is done, add to the egg mixture and stir to combine. Pour the mixture into the muffin cups evenly. Bake for 30 minutes or until the muffins are set.
- Serving Size: 2-3 muffins
Make Paleo easier, faster, less expensive, and way more fun with all the resources in my Freebie Library! Click on the picture to find out how to access it.