25 AIP Snack ideas – most don't require cooking and are simple to find in any grocery store. Snacking on the Autoimmune Protocol shouldn't have to be hard!
Snacking while on the AIP diet… It's not as easy as running over to your local bakery and picking up a muffin and a latte, but that doesn't mean there aren't a ton of options.
See also – The ULTIMATE Guide to the AIP Diet – everything you need to know to be successful!
AIP Snacks Video
Watch the video to see and hear the options I recommend or skip down below to read the list!
AIP Snack Ideas
I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
1. Olives – black, green, or kalamata are fine. Just make sure not to get the green ones with pimentos, as pimentos are not AIP-compliant (they're a nightshade). Also look for cans or jars of olives that are just olives, salt, and water.
2. Coconut Butter – also known as coconut manna or coconut concentrate. This has a nice subtle sweet flavor so it's great for when that sweet tooth hits and you want some fat instead.
4. Plantain Chips – perfect for scooping up some homemade guacamole. I love the Inka Chips brand for scooping up dips because they're thick and the Terra Chips brand for eating without anything else (they're thinner).
5. Sweet Potato Chips – look for the ones made with coconut oil. Jackson's Honest makes some delicious ones.
6. Cassava Chips – these by Artisan Tropic are a delicious replacement for potato chips
7. Kombucha – preferably homemade or storebought ones without a ton of added sugar or non-compliant ingredients
8. Prosciutto – fresh, straight from the package.
9. Porkitos – baked prosciutto chips using this recipe by NomNom Paleo
10. Roasted Acorn squash or Sweet Potato – serve with coconut butter, cinnamon and sea salt for a really satiating snack
11. Avocado – with some lime juice squirted over it or as a guac (mashed avocado, lime juice, salt, cilantro, minced smashed garlic)
12. Veggies – like carrots, celery, broccoli, cauliflower, cucumbers, radishes
13. Pork Rinds (make sure ingredients are compliant) . – I like the ones by US Wellness Meats
14. Mashed cauliflower – with coconut oil
15. Additive-free bacon – it doesn't HAVE to be sugar-free like if you're doing a Whole30, but it's a good idea. I like the bacon from US Wellness Meats
16. Small portions of leftover food
17. Sardines – don't knock these until you've tried them!
18. Coconut flakes – plain or toasted. Toasted make a fun customizable snack – here's how to make these.
19. Bone broth
20. Tigernuts (actually a tuber, not a nut)
21. Seaweed Snacks (again make sure ingredients are compliant)
22. Mashed Sweet Potatoes – with cinnamon and coconut oil
23. Smoked Salmon
24. Dried Fruit ** (dehydrated and freeze-dried)
25. Fresh fruit **
**Try to stay away from these as much as you can for a snack as well. If you must have fresh fruit, try to eat it with some fat and/or protein at the same time, like avocado, coconut butter, olives, sardines, chicken, or coconut flakes to balance out your blood sugar.
Get a printable PDF copy of these 25 AIP Snacks in my Paleo & AIP Freebie Library (along with a ton of other really helpful things to make the AIP diet so much easier)
More AIP Snacks
Want more AIP Snacks? Here are two other posts I wrote that will give you lots of ideas!
• 1-minute quick and easy AIP Snacks
• Chocolate Tigernut AIP Granola also makes a delicious snack!