Baked Apple Dessert
Servings: 4 servings
This Paleo apple dessert is a perfect gluten-free treat for the holidays or any other time really. Easy to make and only a few ingredients! Dairy-free, Nut-free, AIP, and Vegan options indicated as well.
- 4 Apples
- 3 tbs Raisins
- 1/2 cup Walnuts chopped *
- 2 tbs Butter Ghee, or Coconut Oil
- 1/4 cup Honey or Maple Syrup for Vegan
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp Nutmeg
Preheat the oven to 350 F.
Core the apples, making a pocket in the center of the apple.
Melt the butter and honey in a small saucepan over medium heat.
Add the cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla extract and stir to incorporate.
Add in the walnuts and raisins and mix.
Divide the filling evenly among the apples, filling the holes you created earlier by coring. I usually use the handle of a spoon to poke the filling into the pocket. Drizzle any remaining filling over the apples.
Cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake until the apples are soft, approximately 40 minutes.
- For a nut-free option, you can use sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds.
- For a fully AIP-compliant option, use tigernuts (either sliced or whole) and Coconut Oil instead of Butter or Ghee and Mace instead of Nutmeg
- For a Vegan option use Coconut Oil instead of butter or ghee and maple syrup instead of honey
- For a dairy-free option use Coconut Oil instead of butter or ghee
Leave a comment below or share a photo on Instagram and tag me @thrivingonpaleo !