Asian Pineapple Chicken Salad
Servings: 4 servings
This filling Asian-inspired salad is chock full of delicious ingredients and is Paleo, Whole30, and can be made AIP.
For the Salad:
- 1 lb boneless, skinless Chicken Thighs
- Sea Salt and Pepper to taste (omit pepper for AIP)
- 2 heads Romaine or Butter Lettuce (shredded)
- 1/4 Red Cabbage (thinly sliced)
- 1 cup Pineapple (diced (fresh or canned))
- 1 Bell Pepper (diced (omit for AIP))
- 2 Carrots (sliced into matchsticks)
- 2 Green Onions (sliced)
- 3/4 cup Cashews (chopped (omit for AIP))
- 3/4 cup unsweetened (shredded Coconut)
For the dressing:
- 1/2 cup Coconut Milk
- 1/4 cup Almond Butter (or Sunflower Seed butter or Tigernut Butter for AIP)
- 1 tbsp Lime Juice (about 1 lime)
- 1 tbs Honey (omit for Whole30)
- 2 tbs Coconut Aminos
- 1 tbs Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 clove Garlic
- 1/8 cup Cilantro
- 1/8 tsp dried Ginger
Preheat the oven to 425 F. Place a piece of parchment paper on the baking sheet. Lay the chicken thighs out on the sheet and sprinkle generously with salt and pepper (omit the pepper for AIP). Roast for 40 min.
Meanwhile, prepare all the rest of the ingredients (slice, dice, shred, etc). Make the dressing by placing all of the dressing ingredients in a blender or food processor and blendign until smooth.
Once the chicken is done, chop it into bite-sized pieces. Place romaine/butter lettuce on plates and pile with all the toppings and chopped chicken. If serving now, drizzle with the dressing. Otherwise, store the dressing in a separate container and drizzle just before serving.
Leave a comment below or share a photo on Instagram and tag me @thrivingonpaleo !