I love balls. Snack balls that is. hee hee 🙂 They are so amazingly quick and easy to make – since they are raw there is no need to wait for them to bake or set, so they are perfect for a last minute outing or one of those mornings when you wake up and realize you have not a single snack for your kids for daycare or school. We take snack balls on every airplane flight we go on since they are a fun treat to look forward to. We also make them if we go on a hike, bike ride, snowshoeing, skiing, etc since they are a great energy boost.
Making these is just a matter of throwing all of the ingredients into a food processor, turning it on for a minute, then forming these into balls and rolling in coconut. Even the most unskilled chef should be able to handle these. Hopefully.
I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
When purchasing the ingredients for this, try to look for dried mangoes and pineapples without any added sugar or weird preservatives. I used these pineapples and these mangoes but you should be able to find them locally too.
Enjoy these little bites of tropical paradise!
Tropical Snack Balls
- • 1/2 cup dried Pineapple
- • 1/2 cup dried Mango
- • 1 cup Macadamia Nuts
- • 1/2 cup Shredded Coconut
- • 1/8 tsp Sea Salt (if macadamia nuts aren't salted)
- • 1/2 cup Shredded Coconut for dipping
- Mix fruit in food processor until it comes together into a ball.
- Add the 1/2 cup shredded coconut, nuts, and sea salt if using to food processor and mix until everything is of equal size (about 1 minute).
- Scoop out about a walnut-sized amount with your hands and roll into a ball. Dip into the remaining shredded coconut and turn to coat.