I love balls. Snack balls that is. hee hee 🙂 They are so amazingly quick and easy to make – since they are raw there is no need to wait for them to bake or set, so they are perfect for a last minute outing or one of those mornings when you wake up and realize you have not a single snack for your kids for daycare or school. We take snack balls on every airplane flight we go on since they are a fun treat to look forward to. We also make them if we go on a hike, bike ride, snowshoeing, skiing, etc since they are a great energy boost.
Making these is just a matter of throwing all of the ingredients into a food processor, turning it on for a minute, then forming these into balls and rolling in coconut. Even the most unskilled chef should be able to handle these. Hopefully.
When purchasing the ingredients for this, try to look for dried mangoes and pineapples without any added sugar or weird preservatives. I used these pineapples and these mangoes but you should be able to find them locally too.
Enjoy these little bites of tropical paradise!
Tropical Snack Balls
- 1/2 cup dried Pineapple
- 1/2 cup dried Mango
- 1 cup Macadamia Nuts
- 1/2 cup Shredded Coconut
- 1/8 tsp Sea Salt (if macadamia nuts aren't salted)
- 1/2 cup Shredded Coconut for dipping
- Mix fruit in food processor until it comes together into a ball.
- Add the 1/2 cup shredded coconut, nuts, and sea salt if using to food processor and mix until everything is of equal size (about 1 minute).
- Scoop out about a walnut-sized amount with your hands and roll into a ball. Dip into the remaining shredded coconut and turn to coat.
This post includes affiliate links. This means I might receive a small amount of compensation if you purchase something through one of the links. This does not mean the price will be any greater for you, in fact, I might be able to negotiate even better prices and discounts for you. The compensation I receive helps me pay for the cost of running this blog and bringing you all of this free information. Thanks in advance for supporting me!