Paleo and gluten-free, this sweet potato carbonara pasta will satisfy your craving for comfort food but in a much healthier way. Cheap and fast to make too!
- 2 pounds Sweet Potatoes, peeled
- 2 eggs yolks + 1 full egg, beaten
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp Ground Pepper
- 3 slices Bacon, chopped
- 8 oz Crimini Mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 cups Baby Spinach
- Put a large pot of water on to boil.
- Using the spiralizer or julienne peeler, make your sweet potato noodles.
- Heat a skillet or cast iron pan over medium heat and add the bacon. After a minute, add the mushrooms and cook, stirring often, until the bacon has browned and the mushrooms no longer have any liquid, about 6 minutes. Add the garlic to the pan with the mushrooms and bacon and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the spinach and stir until wilted, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Cook the sweet potatoes in the boiling water until just starting to soften – about 3 minutes. Reserve about 1/4 cup of the cooking liquid and then drain the noodles. Turn off the heat.
- Return the noodles to the pan. Mix the eggs, salt, pepper, and reserved water in a bowl and then pour over the noodles and gently toss until evenly coated.
- Add the bacon mushroom mixture to the pasta and toss.