These Sweet Potato and Cauliflower Patties were the winning contest entry by Theresa Mintzlaff. This side dish recipe is Paleo, Whole30, and gluten-free and freeze well.
- 1 sweet potato (peeled, cubed)
- 1/2 head of cauliflower (chopped)
- 1 egg
- 3 tbs Almond flour
- 2 pinches of salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Steam the potato and cauliflower until tender (about 15 min).
- Put the cooked cauliflower and sweet potato in a bowl and mash with potato masher. Mix in remaining ingredients.
- Shape into patties or balls and place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the tops begin to brown.