Paleo muffins made with roasted strawberries and coconut flour – a nut-free, gluten-free snack recipe that is perfect for those summer fruits!
For the Roasted Strawberries
- 1 lb Strawberries, hulled and halved
- 1 tbs Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 tbs Honey
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1.5 tsp Coconut Oil, melted
For the Muffins
- 1/2 cup Coconut Flour, sifted
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 4 Eggs
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 1.5 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/3 cup Coconut Oil, melted
For the roasted strawberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Combine strawberries, red wine vinegar, honey, salt, and oil in a medium bowl. Toss until the strawberries are coated evenly.
- Spread strawberries evenly onto the sheet pan. Bake for 40 min.
- Let the strawberries cool a bit, then remove them from the pan and place in a small bowl. Reserve the juices from the pan in another small bowl.
For the muffins.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F (if it isn’t already on from roasting the strawberries).
- Line 9 cups of a 12-cup muffin tin with cupcake/muffin liners.
- Combine the coconut flour, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl.
- Combine the eggs, honey, vanilla extract, oil in a small bowl.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Gently fold the strawberries (including any juices from the pan) into the batter.
- Fill the muffin tin liners 3/4 of the way full with batter.
- Bake for 22 min or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the muffin comes out clean.
This recipe doubles very easily. I like to make 18 muffins and freeze a bunch for later.