This Paleo, Whole30, and gluten-free meatloaf is not your boring old meatloaf. It is a delicious, flavorful dinner recipe that will spice up your meal!
For the Meatloaf
- 1 tbs cooking oil (coconut oil, avocado oil, olive oil, butter, ghee, etc)
- 1 medium Onion, diced
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 1 lb Ground Pork
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 cup Almond Flour
- 1 tsp Dried Thyme
- 1 tbs Adobo Sauce (from can below)
For the Sauce
- 1 cup Raspberries, fresh or frozen
- 1/2 medium Onion, diced
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup Ketchup (*make sure sugar-free for Whole30)
- 2 Chipotle Peppers (canned in adobo sauce)
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 3 tbs Apple Cider Vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, heat the raspberries until soft, approximately 10 minutes. Mash with a fork or potato masher and then strain through a fine mesh colander to remove the seeds. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat a frying pan over medium-high heat, heat/melt the cooking oil, and then add the onions and garlic. Cook, stirring often, until soft, about 5 min.
- In a large bowl, mix the rest of the meatloaf ingredients and then add the onions and garlic and mix until incorporated.
- Fill a standard loaf pan with the meatloaf mixture. (Alternatively you can shape it into a log shape and place on a baking sheet).
- Combine the sauce ingredients, including the raspberry mixture via a food processor or blender.
- Spread the sauce over the top of the meatloaf.
- Bake for 55 minutes or until the meat registers 165 F on an instant read thermometer.