This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
When you need a good “after-work, quick, let's eat and then get the kids' homework done” kind of meal, these Pork Lettuce Wraps do the job! Paleo, Whole30, and can be made AIP compliant as well!
A QUICK Weeknight Paleo Meal
Delicious but truly quick weeknight meals are sometimes hard to come by, especially when you're on a restricted diet like Paleo, Whole30, or AIP.
This is a dinner recipe that we eat often, and one that everyone in my family loves.
It's quick to make, has amazing Asian flavors, and is something you'll want to make over and over again.
Great for meal prep too
Even better – you can prep all the veggies and sauce ahead of time so that all you need to do at dinnertime is cook the pork.
And really, you could cook that ahead of time too and just reheat it at meal time.
See also: What are coconut aminos? (and what the heck do you do with them?)
Serve with Coconut Cauliflower Rice to make a complete meal.
More Helpful AIP & Paleo Resources in the Freebie Library
If you find this recipe helpful, you may really enjoy the resources in my Paleo & AIP Freebie Library! There's a “dump” freezer meal plan, a list of AIP-compliant breakfast toppings, and so much more. Plus, you'll get even more ideas sent to your inbox! Get the password here.
Pork Lettuce Wraps Recipe
I hope you enjoy these lettuce wraps! If you make them I'd love to hear how it turned out! Either comment below or share a pic on Instagram and tag me @thrivingonpaleo!
Pork Lettuce Wraps (Paleo, Whole30, AIP modification)
- 1 tbs Coconut Oil or Avocado Oil
- 1 lb Ground Pork
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 clove Garlic (minced)
- 1 tsp fresh Ginger (grated)
- 1 Lime (juiced and zested)
- 1/4 cup Sunbutter or Almond Butter ((or Tigernut Butter for AIP **see note))
- 3 tbs Coconut Milk (or other dairy-free milk of choice)
- 1 tsp Fish Sauce
- 1 head Butter or Iceberg Lettuce (or similar leafy green)
- 1 Carrot (cut into matchsticks)
- 1 Bell Pepper (thinly sliced (omit for AIP))
- 2 Green Onions (white and green parts, sliced)
- Cashews (chopped (omit for AIP))
- Separate the individual leaves of the lettuce, rinse and dry well. Set aside. Cut the carrots into matchsticks, slice the bell pepper, slice the green onions, and chop the cashews. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the juice and zest of the lime, the sunbutter, the coconut milk, and the fish sauce. Thin with more coconut milk as needed until desired thickness. Set aside.
- Heat the pan over medium heat and then add the cooking oil. Add the garlic and ginger to the pan and saute for a minute until fragrant. Add the pork to the pan, season it with the salt and cook, stirring often, until cooked through.
- Serve by scooping some pork into each lettuce leaf, adding a dollop of sauce, and then adding the toppings of carrots, green onions, bell pepper, and cashews.