It's been a hot minute since I've last posted, eh?
Sorry… I've been a bit busy this summer getting some things reworked on this site. Maybe you've seen them?
For example, the Autoimmune Disease 101 series? It's free to watch/read – and you don't even have to give me your email address. This one is SO very important to me though, to help get the word out to those suffering from an autoimmune disease that they have hope of relieving their symptoms via diet and lifestyle.
And then I JUST (like this morning) got up my new Freebie Library! This is exciting since it's all my uber valuable resources I've developed over the years – all in one place! This one you DO have to give me your email address, but for any of you already on my email list, you know I email like 2x a month. Sometimes an extra time if something comes up, but a spammer I'm not.
Pork Lettuce Wraps Recipe
Anyway, I've been wanting to post this particular recipe for months, so figured now was as good a time as any.
It's for a dinner recipe that we eat often, and one that everyone in my family loves. Plus it's quick to make, so it makes a good “after-work, quick, let's eat and then get the kids' homework done” kind of meal.
Plus you can prep all the veggies and sauce ahead of time, so that all you need to do at dinnertime is cook the pork.
It's Paleo and Whole30 compliant and I also offer some simple modifications to make it Autoimmune Paleo Protocol (AIP diet)-compliant (which are delicious as I ate this several times on my recent AIP).
Serve with Coconut Cauliflower Rice to make a complete meal.
This quick weeknight dinner option is Paleo and Whole30-compliant. I also offer some simple modifications to make it Autoimmune Paleo Protocol (AIP diet)-compliant (which are delicious as I ate this several times on my recent AIP). Serve with Coconut Cauliflower rice!
- 1 tbs Coconut Oil
- 1 lb Ground Pork
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Ginger, grated
- 1 Lime, juiced and zested
- 1/4 cup Sunbutter, Almond Butter (or Tigernut Butter for AIP)
- 3 tbs Coconut Milk
- 1 tsp Fish Sauce
- 1 head Butter or Iceberg Lettuce (or similar leafy green)
- 1 Carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 1 Bell Pepper, thinly sliced (omit for AIP)
- 2 Green Onions (white and green parts), sliced
- Cashews, chopped (omit for AIP)
- Separate the individual leaves of the lettuce, rinse and dry well. Set aside. Cut the carrots into matchsticks, slice the bell pepper, slice the green onions, and chop the cashews. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the juice and zest of the lime, the sunbutter, the coconut milk, and the fish sauce. Thin with more coconut milk as needed until desired thickness. Set aside.
- Heat the pan over medium heat and then add the cooking oil. Add the garlic and ginger to the pan and saute for a minute until fragrant. Add the pork to the pan, season it with the salt and cook, stirring often, until cooked through.
- Serve by scooping some pork into each lettuce leaf, adding a dollop of sauce, and then adding the toppings of carrots, green onions, bell pepper, and cashews.
Keywords: dinner, Paleo, Whole30, Autoimmune Paleo, AIP, gluten free, quick, easy, weeknight
Make Paleo easier, faster, less expensive, and way more fun with all the resources in my Freebie Library! Click on the picture to find out how to access it.
Get MORE inspo!
Sign up for my newsletter to get blog updates, info on using diet and lifestyle for autoimmune disease relief, recipes, inspiration, tips and so much more!