Get dinner on the table in less than 15 minutes with this recipe for Whole30, gluten-free, dairy-free, Paleo broiled Parsley Almond Pesto Cod
Spring is just around the corner and I have come up with a super simple but yet extremely delicious broiled fish dish using one of the first herbs to come up through the ground – parsley. My favorite part about the entire thing is that this Paleo dish seriously takes less than 15 minutes from start to finish. It's just a bonus to me that my whole family absolutely loves it (and that cod is great for building my kids' brains!). A perfect dish for those days when you come home from work, you and your kids are cranky, and just want healthy and good tasting food to magically appear on the table!
It's really just a matter of putting a bunch of ingredients into a food processor, hitting the on button, pulverizing it, putting it on top of the fish and then baking it. Really. That easy.
Don't believe me? Watch my no-speaking video tutorial to see how ridiculously easy this is!
Can't see the video? Watch Paleo Broiled Fish RecipePrint
Get dinner on the table in less than 15 minutes with this recipe for Whole30, gluten-free, dairy-free, and Paleo broiled Parsley Almond Pesto Cod
- 1 bunch fresh parsley
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1.5 lbs cod (fresh or thawed, if using frozen fish)
- Preheat the broiler (on high if you have a multi-temp broiler). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place the cod on it.
- Put the parsley, garlic, almonds, lemon juice and zest, paprika, and sea salt in a food processor. Process until everything is approximately the same size.
- With the machine running, gradually add the olive oil and keep going until the pesto is just slightly chunky.
- Using a spatula or your hands, apply the pesto to both sides of the fish and place back on baking sheet.
- Broil the fish for 5-10 minutes (depending on the thickness of your fish) or until opaque and the fish flakes when cut with fork. Enjoy!
Get MORE inspo!
Want inspiration for using the Paleo & AIP diets to find relief from your autoimmune disease (and making it all easier) delivered directly to your email inbox?