Get dinner on the table in less than 15 minutes with this recipe for a delicious broiled cod. It's Paleo, Whole30, and can be made AIP easily
It's a weeknight. Dinner is soon. You don't feel like making a huge, complicated meal. What do you eat?
Try this super simple but yet extremely delicious broiled fish!
This Paleo dish seriously takes less than 15 minutes from start to finish!
It's just a bonus to me that it's a dish the whole family will love.
You know those days when you come home from work, you and your kids are cranky, and just want healthy and good tasting food to magically appear on the table…
SO easy to make
This one is just a matter of putting a bunch of ingredients into a food processor, hitting the on button, pulverizing it, putting it on top of the fish and then baking it.
Really. That easy.
Suitable for many styles of eating
Right from the start this one is suitable for Paleo and Whole30 diets.
It's easily made suitable for the AIP Diet though (and nut-free) by omitting the almonds and paprika. It changes the flavor somewhat but it's still delicious.
Best if Thawed
While I'm a huge fan of making fish from frozen (I mean, how easy is that?), this dish is best if the fish is thawed before making.
Otherwise the topping does tend to burn before the fish is done.
That being said, you can quickly thaw fish in a bowl of cool water for about 30 minutes and that should have it good enough to cook, or you can start cooking the fish for about 5 minutes, then carefully put the pesto on top and cook for an additional 5-10 minutes.
Pesto Cod Recipe
- 1 bunch fresh parsley
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup slivered almonds omit for AIP
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp paprika omit for AIP
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1.5 lbs cod fresh or thawed, if using frozen fish
- Preheat the broiler (on high if you have a multi-temp broiler). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place the cod on it.
- Put the parsley, garlic, almonds (if using), lemon juice and zest, paprika (if using), and sea salt in a food processor. Process until everything is approximately the same size.
- With the machine running, gradually add the olive oil and keep going until the pesto is just slightly chunky.
- Using a spatula or your hands, apply the pesto to both sides of the fish and place back on baking sheet.
- Broil the fish for 5-10 minutes (depending on the thickness of your fish) or until opaque and the fish flakes when cut with fork. Enjoy!