What do you do with the enormous zucchini that your coworkers bring into the office? Make Paleo chocolate zucchini bread of course! This brownie-like bread is gluten-free, dairy-free, and absolutely delicious.
- 1.5 cup Zucchini, grated (about 1/2 lb)
- 1 cup Almond Flour
- 1/4 cup Tapioca Flour
- 1/2 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Allspice
- 1/2 cup Coconut Oil, melted
- 1/2 cup Honey or Maple Syrup
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 cup Dark Chocolate Chunks (I like the Enjoy Life Brand)
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Add a sheet of parchment paper to a 9 x 5 inch standard loaf pan and then grease the parchment.
- In a large bowl, mix all of the dry ingredients.
- In a separate large bowl, beat the coconut oil, honey, eggs, and vanilla extract until well blended. Gently mix in the zucchini.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Fold in the dark chocolate chunks.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared loaf pan and bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Let cool for at least 15 minutes before serving.
This loaf freezes really well so if you have a lot of zucchini, make several batches and freeze some for later!