What do you do with the enormous zucchini that your coworkers bring into the office? Make Paleo chocolate zucchini bread of course! This brownie-like bread is gluten-free, dairy-free, and absolutely delicious.
I've always been an emotional eater (I know, not a great thing), but even more so, I've always been an emotional BAKER.
Think it has to do with how comforting I always found it to stand in the kitchen and bake with my mom when I was growing up, and when I am feeling at the brink of some emotional craziness, baking always centers me.
So any time I need some soothing I often find myself baking.
A few years ago my husband and I took some culinary school classes and we made the BEST chocolate zucchini bread there, but like pretty much everything I loved prior to learning I was Celiac, I can't have it anymore.
So this one got Paleofied in my kitchen and I don't know if it's been that long since we've had it or I really just nailed it, but it tastes just as good as the original.
This freezes really well too, so I take those ginormous baseball bat zucchini and make a whole bunch of loaves at once and then freeze most of them.
Sometimes I slice and individually wrap in plastic wrap before freezing so I can just take out a slice or two, or I freeze the whole loaf at once.
This tastes SO good though mid-winter when you are out snowshoeing or skiing though!!
A Tip For Gigantic Zucchini
A note if you do use gigantic zucchini – make sure you peel them as the peel is pretty tough at that point, and then scoop out the seeds before shredding.
I just take a spoon and run it down the center and the seeds come out pretty easily. Then I cut the flesh up into smaller chunks and run it through the shredder in my food processor.
It's not really necessary to do these steps with the smaller zucchini as they don't have these big seeds and their skin isn't nearly as tough.
I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Other Recipes You Might Like
If chocolate is your thing, you need to try out this Chocolate Instant Pot Cake! It's amazing!
Or this Paleo Chocolate Mug Muffin is also great, and only takes a few minutes from start to finish.
Or these Chocolate Sunbutter Snack Balls are a quick and easy but really tasty snack for both kids and adults
Paleo Chocolate Zucchini Bread Recipe
I hope you enjoy!!
Paleo Chocolate Zucchini Bread
- 1.5 cup Zucchini grated (about 1/2 lb)
- 1 cup Almond Flour
- 1/4 cup Tapioca Flour
- 1/2 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Allspice
- 1/2 cup Coconut Oil melted
- 1/2 cup Honey or Maple Syrup
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 cup Dark Chocolate Chunks I like the Enjoy Life Brand
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Add a sheet of parchment paper to a 9 x 5 inch standard loaf pan and then grease the parchment.
- In a large bowl, mix all of the dry ingredients.
- In a separate large bowl, beat the coconut oil, honey, eggs, and vanilla extract until well blended. Gently mix in the zucchini.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Fold in the dark chocolate chunks.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared loaf pan and bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Let cool for at least 15 minutes before serving.
Make Paleo easier, faster, less expensive, and way more fun with all the resources in my Freebie Library! Click on the picture to find out how to access it.
Get MORE inspo!
Want inspiration for using the Paleo & AIP diets to find relief from your autoimmune disease (and making it all easier) delivered directly to your email inbox?