This Paleo salmon recipe is packed with flavor and quick and easy to make. It’s also Whole30 compliant as well as gluten-free and can be done in less than 30 minutes for a great weeknight dinner option. (AIP option offered in Notes)
- 1/2 cup Coconut Aminos
- 1/4 cup Orange Juice (freshly squeezed best)
- 2 tbs Ketchup (sugar-free for Whole30 and omit for AIP)*
- 1 tbs Lemon Juice
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 tbs fresh Ginger, grated or minced
- 1 lb Salmon, cut into 4 equal portions
- 2 Green Onions (white and green parts), chopped
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- Combine all ingredients except for the salmon and place in a glass baking dish. Add the salmon and marinate for 30 min to 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Heat an oven-safe frying pan or cast iron skillet on medium-high heat.
- Once the pan is hot, take the salmon out of the marinade (reserving the marinade) and sear salmon 1 minute on each side.
- Pour the marinade into the frying pan and bake in the the oven for 5-10 minutes until the fish easily flakes with a fork (5 for thinner slices, 10 for thicker).
*Tessamae’s makes a sugar-free ketchup
*for an AIP-compliant option, skip the ketchup. It doesn’t make it that much different since it’s just in the marinade.
Keywords: Paleo, Whole30, AIP, Autoimmune Paleo, fish, seafood, dinner