A minty cake that’s a cross between a dairy-free cheesecake and a panna cotta with a chocolate no-bake pie crust base.
For the crust:
- 3/4 cup Almond Flour
- 1 tbs Cocoa Powder
- pinch Sea Salt
- 1 tbs Maple Syrup
- 1/4 cup Coconut Oil, melted
For the cake:
- 1/4 cup Cashews, soaking optional
- 1/8 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup
- 1 tbs Gelatin
- 1 tsp Coconut Oil (can be solid)
- 1 cup Coconut Milk (or other dairy-free milk)
- 2 large handfuls fresh Spinach (about 20 baby leaves)
- 1 tsp Peppermint Extract
- Make the crust first by mixing together all of the crust ingredients in the food processor until it comes together. Scoop out a little crust mixture with your hands and press into the bottom of the mold – about 1/4 inch thick. Divide equally amongst the 8 shamrocks. Put in the fridge to start to harden while you work on the cake part. I recommend at this point putting the mold into a baking dish to support the mold, since when you fill it with the liquid after the next steps it will be really hard to move without spilling if not in a solid container.
- In a blender, mix together all of the cake ingredients. Blend for about 30 seconds to really mix well.
- Pour into a small sauce pan. Heat the mixture gently, stirring often, until hot to the touch, 3-5 min. Let cool for a few minutes, then pour into the shamrock mold.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, then gently remove from the molds. Serve or store in an airtight container in the fridge until ready to serve.
Total time is 4 hours and 20 minutes – 4 hours of which are just it sitting in the fridge…