Chia pudding is an easy-to-make snack or breakfast idea that’s easily portable and can be customized with lots of different flavors. This recipe is for a strawberry banana chia pudding parfait.
- 1 cup Chia Seeds
- 1 to 1.3 cups Coconut Milk or other dairy-free milk (less will make the pudding pretty thick and more will make it creamier)
- 2 Bananas, peeled
- 4 cups Strawberries, divided (about 32 oz)
- 2 cans Coconut Cream (or you can try to refrigerate a can of coconut milk, but this is not always successful)
- Optional: Paleo granola for topping (examples: Paleonola, Steve’s Paleo Goods PaleoKrunch, Wildway)
- Mix chia seeds and coconut milk in a small bowl. (Note: If you have a can of coconut milk where the cream is separated from the water, mix first to get the milk smooth. Coconut milk is notoriously inconsistent in whether it’s liquid or separated like this, annoying!!) Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut the tops off all of the strawberries. Blend 2 cups of the strawberries in a blender until a smoothie-like consistency. Transfer the blended strawberries to a separate bowl and set aside. To the blender add the bananas and 1 cup strawberries. Blend these into a smoothie-like consistency. You may have to use your blender’s tamper to get the bananas to puree.
- In a pint-sized glass jar or a bowl, layer approx ¼ cup chia pudding, 1/2 of the strawberry puree, half a can of coconut cream, 1/2 of the strawberry banana puree, and then ¼ cup more of the chia pudding. Add some sliced strawberries on top. You could also add some Paleo granola, but do this right before serving (don’t do this and put in the fridge for a few days. Because, soggy granola).
Need more than 4 servings? Per serving you need: ¼ cup of chia seeds, ¼ cup of coconut milk, 1 cup strawberries (about 8 oz), ½ banana, ½ can coconut cream