This Paleo, Whole30, AIP, and gluten-free dinner recipe combines ground pork and some fall ingredients like butternut squash and cranberries to make a wonderful meal.
- 1 Butternut Squash, peeled, seeded, and cut into small chunks
- 1 tbs Coconut Oil
- 1 Onion, diced
- 2 Apples, peeled, cored, and diced
- 2 stalks Celery, diced
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 bunch Greens (Kale, Chard, or Spinach), chopped
- 1 cup Cranberries, fresh, frozen, or dried*
- 2 lbs Ground Pork
- 1 tsp Fresh Thyme, finely chopped
- 1 tsp Fresh Oregano, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp Cumin (omit for AIP)
- 1 tbs Apple Cider Vinegar
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste (omit for AIP)
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place diced squash on the baking sheet and generously sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast squash for 20-30 min or until soft.
- Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium heat. Melt oil and then add garlic and onions. Cook until the onions are translucent, approximately 5 minutes.
- Add pork, season with some salt and pepper, and cook until browned.
- Simmer the cranberries in a separate pot over low heat until soft.
- Add kale, cumin, thyme, oregano, celery, apples, and vinegar to the pork/onion mixture. Cook until the kale is tender.
- Fold cranberries and squash into the pork mixture, taking care not to smash them too much.
*If you use dried cranberries for Whole30, make sure they are fruit-juice sweetened