This Paleo, Whole30, AIP and gluten-free dinner recipe combines ground pork and some fall ingredients like butternut squash and cranberries to make a wonderful meal.
This dinner recipe is not for you if you don't like your food groups touching, but if you are like me and love a good mish-mash of food, then you'll love this. It brings together a ton of fall ingredients and is also a great dish for those of you who know you need more greens but don't like them by themselves. It also is quite filling and 100% Paleo. It's kind of like breadless stuffing meets weeknight dinner. Ladies and gentlemen, I present you with Cranberry Butternut Squash Chard Celery Apple Ground Pork, nicknamed the more easily remembered and pronounced Cranberry Squash Ground Pork.
Cranberry Squash Ground Pork
- 1 Butternut Squash peeled, seeded, and cut into small chunks
- 1 tbs Coconut Oil
- 1 Onion diced
- 2 Apples peeled, cored, and diced
- 2 stalks Celery diced
- 3 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 bunch Greens Kale, Chard, or Spinach, chopped
- 1 cup Cranberries fresh, frozen, or dried*
- 2 lbs Ground Pork
- 1 tsp Fresh Thyme finely chopped
- 1 tsp Fresh Oregano finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp Cumin omit for AIP
- 1 tbs Apple Cider Vinegar
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste omit for AIP
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place diced squash on the baking sheet and generously sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast squash for 20-30 min or until soft.
- Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium heat. Melt oil and then add garlic and onions. Cook until the onions are translucent, approximately 5 minutes.
- Add pork, season with some salt and pepper, and cook until browned.
- Simmer the cranberries in a separate pot over low heat until soft.
- Add kale, cumin, thyme, oregano, celery, apples, and vinegar to the pork/onion mixture. Cook until the kale is tender.
- Fold cranberries and squash into the pork mixture, taking care not to smash them too much.