This gluten-free, Paleo, and Whole30 brussels sprouts recipe (with AIP variation) is a lovely side dish for the colder months that takes only a few minutes to prepare. It’s fancy enough to serve as a holiday side but still good for a regular weeknight dinner as well. If you’ve never had brussels sprouts cooked in bacon fat, now is the time to try!
- 2 lbs Brussels Sprouts
- 2 Apples, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
- 2 Shallots, diced
- 1/2 cup Pistachios, shelled and chopped
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup Bacon Fat, melted
- Preheat the oven to 425 F. Cover a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut off the ends of the brussels sprouts and pull off any yellow outer leaves. Roughly slice the brussels sprouts.
- In a large bowl, mix all of the ingredients well.
- Pour the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes.
*Make AIP-friendly by omitting the pistachios and black pepper.