This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This picnic and cookout-friendly cashew spread with cherry jam is a delicious topping for Paleo (or gluten-free) crackers, bread, or used as a dip for veggies. It's dairy-free, vegan, and easy to make.
This post was originally featured on Cook Eat Paleo.
Meal Prepping the Cashew Spread and Jam
You can make the cashew spread and the cherry jam up to 5 day ahead of time. Store them separately in air-tight containers in the fridge. Pull them out of the fridge an hour before serving to bring to room temperature or eat cold.
More Helpful AIP & Paleo Resources in the Freebie Library
If you find this recipe helpful, you may really enjoy the resources in my Paleo & AIP Freebie Library! There's a “dump” freezer meal plan, a list of AIP-compliant breakfast toppings, and so much more. Plus, you'll get even more ideas sent to your inbox! Get the password here.
Basil Cashew Spread with Cherry Balsamic Quick Jam Recipe
If you make this spread, I'd love to hear how it turned out! Either comment below or share a pic on Instagram and tag me @thrivingonpaleo!
Basil Cashew Spread with Cherry Balsamic Quick Jam
For the Cashew Spread:
- 1 cup raw Cashews (soaked in water for at least 1 hour)
- 1/4 cup Nutritional Yeast
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp White Cooking Wine
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1 handful fresh Basil
- Sea Salt to taste
For the Cherry Jam:
- 2 cups cherries fresh or frozen (pitted)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
For the cashew spread:
- Add all of the cashew spread ingredients to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth and creamy. Store in the fridge until ready to serve (it will thicken up a bit in the fridge).
For the Cherry Jam:
- Add the cherry jam ingredients to a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Once it starts bubbling, reduce the heat to low and use the back of a fork to mash the fruit.
- Continue simmering for 15 more minutes, occasionally mashing further as you stir.
- Remove from heat and store in the fridge until you are ready to serve.