A creamy but dairy-free soup that’s Paleo, Whole30 and can easily be made AIP-compliant.
- 2 tbs Butter, Ghee, or Coconut Oil
- 1.5 oz Pancetta, diced (bacon for AIP)
- 1 Onion, diced
- 12 oz Asparagus, cut into small pieces
- 2 cups Chicken Stock
- 1 tsp Fresh Parsley, chopped
- 2 tbs Fresh Tarragon, chopped
- 1/2 cup Coconut Milk
- 1 tsp Lemon Zest
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Pepper to taste (omit for AIP)
- In a large pot, melt the butter, ghee, or oil.
- Add the onion and pancetta, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion is translucent, about 6-8 minutes.
- Add the asparagus and stir for 1 minute.
- Add stock and cover. Simmer on low for 10 minutes or until the asparagus is tender.
- Add the parsley, tarragon, coconut milk, lemon zest, salt and pepper.
- Using an immersion blender or working in batches and transferring to a blender, puree the soup.
- Return to the pot and warm thoroughly. Season with more salt and pepper if desired. Serve garnished with tarragon or parsley.
Make AIP-compliant by replacing the pancetta with bacon and omitting the black pepper.
Make vegetarian by omitting the pancetta and using vegetable stock instead. Still yummy!
Keywords: Paleo, Whole30, dinner, AIP, soup