This filling salad is Paleo, Whole30, gluten-free, dairy-free, and delicious!
For the Salad:
- 1 lb boneless, skinless Chicken Thighs
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 heads Romaine or Butter Lettuce, shredded
- 1/4 Red Cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 cup Pineapple, diced (fresh or canned)
- 1 Bell Pepper, diced
- 2 Carrots, sliced into matchsticks
- 2 Green Onions, sliced
- 3/4 cup Cashews, chopped
- 3/4 cup unsweetened, shredded Coconut
For the dressing:
- 1/2 cup Coconut Milk
- 1/4 cup Almond Butter (or Sunflower Seed butter)
- Juice of 1 Lime (about 1 tbs)
- 1 tbs Honey (omit for Whole30)
- 2 tbs Coconut Aminos
- 1 tbs Rice Vinegar (or Apple Cider Vinegar)
- 1 clove Garlic
- 1/8 cup Cilantro
- 1/8 tsp dried Ginger
- Preheat the oven to 425 F. Place a piece of parchment paper on the baking sheet. Lay the chicken thighs out on the sheet and sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. Roast for 40 min.
- Meanwhile, prepare all the rest of the ingredients (slice, dice, shred, etc). Make the dressing by placing all of the dressing ingredients in the blender.
- Once the chicken is done, chop it into bite-sized pieces. Place romaine/butter lettuce on plates and pile with all the toppings and chopped chicken. If serving now, drizzle with the dressing. Otherwise, store the dressing in a separate container and drizzle just before serving.