These are special Paleo muffins – they're delectable cinnamon muffins with an ooey gooey cinnamon sugar middle. These gluten-free treats will make your breakfast or snack time special!
Just imagine the cavemen seven thousand years ago. A cave, maybe some fire, a few berries and some leaves, and…. cinnamon roll muffins. Ha! Yeah, seriously, I know. I obviously follow the modern version of the Paleo diet, not the “exact recreation of what cavemen ate” version.
But in the spirit of this modern day Paleo diet, some blogger friends and I participate in a Caveman Love Muffin Swap each year. This year I decided to tackle making some Cinnamon Roll Muffins, and man, am I glad I did! Yummmmm-ie.
These gluten-free muffins are amazing. Cinnamon combined with pecans and coconut sugar give them the flavor that you are eating a warm cinnamon roll. They a bit different than any muffins I usually have and/or make since the centers of these don't completely set, leaving you with ooey gooey goodness in the middle.
I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Here is the recipe for these muffins.
Paleo Cinnamon Roll Muffins
For the Muffins:
- 1.5 cups Almond Flour
- 1/2 cup Tapioca Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 cup Coconut Sugar
- 2 tbs Coconut Oil melted
- 2 Eggs
- approx 1 cup Coconut Milk or other dairy-free milk
For the Topping:
- 3/4 cup Coconut Sugar
- 1 tbs Cinnamon
- 1 cup Pecans chopped
- 3 tbs Coconut Oil melted
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Place muffin liners in a standard 12-cup muffin tin.
- Mix together the dry ingredients for the muffins.
- Crack the 2 eggs into a measuring cup, whisk with a fork, and then fill up to the 1.25 mark on the measuring cup with your choice of dairy-free milk.
- Add the 2 tbs of coconut oil and mix.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry and mix JUST until everything is wet.
- Mix together all of the ingredients for the topping.
- Add half of the topping ingredients into the muffin mix and fold in gently. It can be kind of swirly, no need for it to be entirely mixed.
- Scoop into prepared liners, filling about 3/4 full.
- Sprinkle the remaining topping on the muffins.
- Bake for 22-24 minutes. A toothpick in the center should come out mainly dry, but you might get some of the gooey center so try to check it slightly off-center.
MORE POSTS YOU MIGHT LIKE:
Make Paleo easier, faster, less expensive, and way more fun with all the resources in my Freebie Library! Click on the picture to find out how to access it.
Get MORE inspo!
Want inspiration for using the Paleo & AIP diets to find relief from your autoimmune disease (and making it all easier) delivered directly to your email inbox?